Rome Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
There is no other place in the world like Rome: the remains of the mighty Roman Empire; the food and wine culture; the laid back enjoyment of life; the Pope surrounded by hundreds of churches and religious symbols; the palaces, squares, and fountains designed by Michelangelo, Bernini and other masters of Renassaince and Baroque; the sumptuous boutiques of Gucci and Bulgari together with the little shops where artisans are still creating hand made crafts… Rome Urban Adventures invites you to discover all this and even more with one of its specially designed Rome tours.
from 5 reviews
From EUR 60.00
Sick of ending up at the worst food spots in town? Join this Rome tour and be led to the best espresso and gelato in town. Oh, and we'll show you the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and a few other secret spots too.more...
Trastevere: Trends and Tradition
from 2 reviews
From EUR 55.00
Don't waste time getting lost in the confusing, winding alleys of Trastevere. Instead, join this Rome tour and get lost in the beauty of this old-meets-new area, home to ancient art, reknown bakeries and worship-worthy sorbet.more...
Ancient Rome: Archaeological Discovery Tour
from 4 reviews
From EUR 85.00
Ancient Rome was brutal - death, illness, and torture awaited most. Luckily we live in 'the future', a time where we can savour the good bits: the architecture, tales, art, and history. Do this (and more) on this Rome tour, which finishes with a customary vino in a Roman bar. How civilized!
If you are on the road and want to book a trip for today or tomorrow - call Rome Urban Adventures on +39 346 233 0008 to check availability and book straight away. Late bookings made online may not be confirmed without a confirmation call to the number above.more...
Place: Rome - [ 23/03/2015 ]
Join the run through thousands year old ruins.Holy Week
Place: Rome - [ 14/04/2015 - 20/04/2015 ]
Religious celebrations of the Holy Week.Rome's Birthday
Place: Rome - [ 21/04/2015 ]
Celebration of Rome's birthday.more events...
more... more stories...
20 Oct 2013 Vanessa was a fantastic guide, lively presenting the sights. It was so much more insightful to have a tour than just seeing the ruins on our own.
18 Oct 2013 We were very impressed with Margherita's knowledge and enthusiasm......she showed us nooks and crannies of Trastevere- plus the history and respect was unmistakable....
09 Oct 2013 Thank you for a brilliant tour. I was so excited to see Margarita again. I did this tour with her two years ago with my sisters and booked it again this time with my husband. I did not know we would have Margarita as our guide again, but was so please we did. Her enthusiasm, knowledge and love for her city is contagious. We both look forward to returning to Rome and would love to see Margarita again. We saw many places we had previously only read about and learnt so much of the history of this amazing city. Thank you. Thank you.
02 Sep 2013 Our guide Allessio was excellent. The tour was personalised. He was soo knowledgeable and passionate about his City...We were really impressed by him. Allessio also went out of his way to show us the best place to dine etc. We also saw Allesio with another guide group the next day and he came over and said hello to us!
02 Sep 2013 Our guide was very informative, helpful and friendly.
16 Jul 2013 The tour was great! Valentina our guide was knowledgeable and friendly. The group was just my partner, Mum and me which was amazing and we got to skip the lines because technically we were a tour group. Valentina really made the history of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Ancient Market Place come alive!
Virgin Islands US
21 Oct 2012 Absolutely great time with Giulia on our tour of Trastevere. Vey knowledgeable & informative. she was also very helpful with tips for the rest of our trip. We felt like we were touring with a friend!
20 Oct 2012 Very good tour
07 Apr 2012 Our guide was Mrs Vanessa Zubboli. She was a very competent and friendly guide. We enjoyed our tour very much, got excellent informations and rember it in a very special way. Thanks a lot Cathrin Tönnies
01 Oct 2011 Vanessa is an enthusiastic and knowledgable guide and we loved it. She made ancient history come alive.
Have a unique experience that is much more than seeing the Colosseum and other famous sites. With our unique Rome tours you will also discover local markets, local people and hidden gems. Come and experience Rome like a local with the Rome Urban Adventures team!
Feels like: 4°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.